Between Ascension and Pentecost (21st to 31st May) our diocese, along with other Christians around the globe, will be part of the Thy Kingdom Come global movement of prayer (https://www.thykingdomcome.global/). This movement is about deepening our own faith, praying that others might come to know the transforming love of Jesus and that God’s reign of justice and peace might be realised in new and transforming ways.
Will you join us? It will be epic! Here are some ways that you can get involved.
- You can sign up to Thy Kingdom Come and to prayer here: https://www.thykingdomcome.global/lightuptheworld
- Join the Very Rev Wendy Scott and the Reverend Dan Lander with other leaders from across the diocese for evening Zoom prayer every night at 8pm between 21st – 31st May here: https://anglicanchurch-nz.zoom.us/j/415776134 NB: join Bishop Philip leading the 24th Night Prayer at 8 pm
- Check out our Taranaki Cathedral Facebook page for daily videos and resources
- Check out the Strandz website for a Kiwi take on praying with families
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Dan Lander either through the Taranaki Cathedral office or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or Dean Wendy Scott through the Waikato Cathedral (email@example.com).We look forward to having you part of the journey.
Grace and peace,
Reverend Dan & Dean Wendy
JOIN THE WORLDWIDE PRAYER INITIATIVE MAY 21-31
"Thy Kingdom Come is a prayer initiative organized with one prayer in mind, that God would send his Spirit to empower the church to greater works of evangelism."
Arthur Wallis once said: "Every great revival is born out of prayer, is sustained by prayer and brings forth more prayer."During the 11 days of Thy Kingdom Come, it is hoped that everyone who takes part will:
- Deepen their own relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pray for 5 friends or family to come to faith in Jesus
- Pray for the empowerment of the Spirit that we would be effective in our witness
Learn more about Thy Kingdom Come in the welcome video below.