He Akonga - Disciples in Aotearoa New Zealand
"Our faith is full of questions. Who is Jesus? What did he teach? What is the Bible?
When we start asking these questions we start following Jesus – we become disciples. As we learn more about the One who loves us we find ourselves caught up in something incredible: a story of miracle and heartache, revolution and sacrifice. We discover a God who reaches out to gather us up as an encourager, a challenger, and a guide."
(From the Introduction)
This new teaching and reflection resource is based on the Catechism at the back of A New Zealand Prayer Book. It is designed to help people engage with the great questions of our faith: what is human nature? how do we see the Bible? what is the church? what is prayer? and so on...
- Written, designed and printed locally (40 pages, notebook size)
- Features images from across rural and urban New Zealand
- Includes key terms and prayers in Te Reo Maaori (The Lord's Prayer, The Apostles' Creed)
- It describes the Anglican Church, and includes both the 5 Marks of Mission and the Beatitudes
- It invites people to go deeper
This is a great gift for young people as well as baptismal candidates and their families.
How to get Copies
To get copies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 857 0437.
- 1-9 copies ($3 each)
- 10-19 copies ($2.70 each)
- 20+ copies ($2.50)
If you would like to collect a copy please visit Charlotte Brown House, 104 Morrinsville Rd, Hamilton.